Monday, April 30, 2012

Maury County Kennel Club dog show April 28 - 29

Well we were scheduled to attend the Maury County Kennel Club dog show April 28 and 29th.      One of Laura's very best friend's mother passed away recently and she wanted to attend the memorial service so she said that we would either have to not go on Saturday or I could go and show the dogs SOLO.   Well, I've shown before,  but this would be a first for me to be totally in charge of  logistics.    Sooo.....   Laura sent me off Saturday with Kix and Mimi (who came into season two days before the show ... Great)  and Duke (who was along just for the ride ... we're trying to get him over his tendency for car sickness) and we headed off to Franklin Tennessee.   

Well I managed to get to the show site (thanks to Miss Garmin) and get the dogs in the ring without any major misshaps.   All of our Papillon friends said I did a decent job showing the dogs on Saturday (not sure they would tell me if I didn't ...  lol).     Anyway I managed to win Reserve Winners Dog to a major with Kix.   Dang ...  so close ...   He needs another major.    And I won Best of Opposite bitch with Mimi and won two more points toward her grand championship.     Not too bad for the Lawood second string.

On Sunday,  Kix got second in his class  and Mimi won Select Bitch and one more point on her Grand.    This brings her to 22 points.   She needs one more major and also needs to defeat one more finished champion and she's got her Grand Championship title.    Hope she doesn't drag this out !!!

Stay tuned ... more later.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

WOW What a showing! You did fantastic-better watch out, Laura might have to get you to show the pups some more-congrats!